Friday 26 September 2014

Craft Along - Week 1

Hi Everyone,

As I mention last time, the Craft Getaway that I had planned for last weekend didn't go ahead so I've decided to share one of the projects here in the form of a step by step craft along. I suppose it's like a tutorial run over a few weeks but you don't know what you're making. Every Friday for the next few weeks I will post the instructions for each step to make the mystery project. I know the whole mystery thing might be a bit daunting but I promise you will end up with something lovely at the end. It is a small project and you might have most of the materials already. I just went through my stash and used some leftovers from other projects.
I think this will be fun don't you?
As this is the first time I have done anything like this please feel free to contact me if you think something doesn't seem right or isn't clear.
Here is what you will need.
PRINTABLE MATERIAL LIST
Edit: On the printable list it should be an embroidery thread that matches the 3" square.

Mystery Project Craft Along
MATERIALS
7 x 2”x19” strips – coordinating fabrics
2 x 3⅝”squares – light colour
4 x 3⅛” squares crosscut into 8 triangles – dark colour
2 x 3” squares – medium or dark colour
(NB. All the above fabrics should coordinate, see example below)
1 x 11”x20” wadding
1 x 11”x20” homespun/calico
1 x 11”x19” fabric – anything you like
1 x 14”zipper
1 x 3”x6” fusible webbing
Embroidery thread to match your 3" squares
Sewing thread
TOOLS
Sewing machine
Scissors
Pins & a needle
Rotary cutter & mat (not essential all the fabrics could be cut with scissors)

Below is an example of the fabrics I chose but you can choose your favourite fabrics.
 
I do have a few kits that I made up in preparation for the Craft Getaway so if you would like to purchase one of them, just email me via the "Contact Me" in the right sidebar. Also I am giving away a kit to one lucky reader who leaves a comment on my previous post HERE by this Tuesday (October 30th).
 
Looking forward to crafting with you next Friday.
 

Thanks for popping by and until next time 
TOODLES


I would love your feedback.
You can either comment here or on Facebook 
or
You can follow me on
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment