Wednesday 6 May 2015

Innocent Chocolate Coconut Muffins

Hi Everyone, 
This is a trial post as I have just bought an iPad and downloaded a blogging app and I want to check out how it works. Ross and I am going on a little holiday and I thought I might do some blog posts while we are on our travels, just in case you're interested in what we are up to. Ross' sister Joanne is currently away with her husband and has been doing a daily blog, and it's great being kept up to date. The truth be told I initially bought the iPad so I can backup my photos and when we get back it will a useful business tool as well. 
If you follow me on Facebook you might have seen my post about my best batch of Innocent Chocolate Muffins. 
They are based on my Innocent Chocolate Cake. I'm not sure if I can add a link to the original recipe with this app but you will find it on 15/6/2014. Last 
week I thought I'd try something different and give them a coconut twist. I soaked the dates in coconut milk instead of water and I replaced 1/2 cup of almond meal with toasted coconut. I also added 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder which made them lighter. I was hoping that they would taste a bit more coconutty, I might try a bit more coconut next time. They were still really yummy though. 

INNOCENT CHOCOLATE COCONUT MUFFINS
1 cp dates (cover with coconut milk& soak until soft)
150g almond meal (approx 2cps)
1/2 cp desicated coconut (toasted)
1/3 cp cocoa
½ teas bicarb soda
1 teas baking powder (gluten free)
1 ts vanilla
¼ cp olive oil
3 eggs (separated)
Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl. Puree dates with oil, vanilla and egg yolks until smooth, add to dry ingredients and mix well. Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Mix 1/3 of the egg whites into mixture thoroughly, then gently fold through the remaining egg whites. Spoon mixture into muffins patty pans and bake at 180C (360F) for approximately 15-20 mins or cooked when tested with a skewer.

It has taken a bit of faffing around but I managed to get a post done, YAY!! While I can't do as much as easily as I can on the computer I think it will be fine to keep you up to date on our travels. If I don't get a chance to post here as often as I'd like I will be posting regularly on Facebook and Instagram so you can follow me there.

Until next time 
TOODLES




 

No comments:

Post a Comment